What's the difference between publishing and printing a conference publication?
Publishing a conference publication includes
distributing the product as widely as possible to various technical,
academic, and corporate libraries around the world and submitting the
proceedings for professional indexing. The distribution of any
conference publication beyond the meeting allows other computing
professionals access to the work and authors to reference these papers
in their own work. Printing of a conference proceedings only includes
distribution for that event.
Who should be the conference's primary contact?
The primary contact will be responsible (person
from the conference organizing team) for confirming the list of authors
and papers, setting pages lengths and limits, confirming the Table of
Contents (ToC), approving final papers, approving final print quantity
and other similarly related conference organizational tasks.
Can I still publish if the conference isn't sponsored?
Yes. ICPS publishes proceedings of conferences that
are not sponsored by IDES and its Associate Networks. Non-sponsored
conferences must comply with the following criteria:
- At least one member of the organizing committee must be a member of IDES or Associate Networks.
- Conference organizers must provide ICPS with contact information for all chairs of the organizing committee.
- One individual must be designated as the ICPS Contact.
- Conference organizers must disclose membership in organizations that sponsor or co-sponsor this conference.
- Organizers must provide ICPS with access to the
conference website and marketing materials that refer to the IDES or
- The conference may display the ICPS logo, but not the IDES or Associate Networks logos.
- Conference papers must be peer reviewed, and
organizers must submit a list of peer reviewers and details about the
peer-review process, and basis for paper acceptance.
- Conference registration must be open to the public.
- Organizers must provide ICPS with venue information (including contacts) and conference dates.
- Conference submissions must assign copyright
to IDES and organizers, authors, and others affiliated with the
conference must comply with requirements of the IDES copyright form.
- Conference organizers must respond within 72
hours of receipt to any requests by ICPS staff for information,
clarification, or verification.
In addition, ICPS may cancel a publication agreement with a nonsponsored conference at any time prior to publication, due to:
- Failure to comply with any of the above acceptance criteria.
- Failure to take any requested corrective action within a designated period.
- Failure to provide all materials necessary for publication in compliance with the agreed-upon production schedule.
- Failure to maintain a professional relationship with ICPS editor.
What's the difference between ICPS Publishing Agreement and ICPS Sponsorship Agreement?
The ICPS Publishing Agreement applicable only if
when the service of publication of conference proceedings and its review
of selected papers is provided. If the conference organizer requires
additional services (apart from proceedings publication) such as
website maintenance, paper management, review of all the submitted
papers and other guidance; then ICPS Sponsorship Agreement have to be
When should I return the signed ICPS Agreement?
Return the signed Publication Agreement as early
as possible, so ICPS can reserve production resources. The deadline for
returning the Publication Agreement is three weeks before the
conference publication start date, which is typically about four months
before your conference start date. ICPS will attempt to accommodate
late agreements if staff and production resources are available.
When should I make the payment for ICPS Service?
Cost of ICPS services can be broadly divided into
three price factors (1) Service Cost; (2) Publication Cost; (3)
Shipping Cost. Service Cost:- This is a service cost applied on the
number of services rendered by the conference organizer from the
ICPS (to be paid along with the ICPS Agreement). Publication Cost: This is
the actual online publication, ISBN, & indexing cost to Digital
Library (to be paid after the conference registration ends). Shipping
Cost: This cost is towards the order and delivery of the CD media and
Print Media production and shipping Library (to be paid when the order
for CD media or Print Media is placed).
Can I change the quantity and page counts in the ICPS quote or publication agreement during production?
Conferences can change the quantity or page count
up until one week prior to the press date. As long as the quantity or
page count does not vary by more than 10 percent, the quoted price
estimate will stand. If the numbers change by more than 10 percent, you
can use ICPS Online to request an updated quote at any time prior to
the week before your press date. Keeping your ICPS editor informed will
help them prepare for the changes.
Will the ICPS-published conference publication be indexed by professional indexing services?
All the Digital Library submits the conference
proceedings to all major indexing services for possible inclusion and
Get a quote today itself to publish your conference proceedings us. Contact us for more details admin @ theides.org